This is the weblog of our adventures. It started with our trip to New Zealand and Australia, but nowadays is just a place for our day to day posts. Follow us on our adventures and let us know what you think!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Keep the comments coming

Thanks to everybody for leaving us all the comments so far, we love them and it keeps us posting regularly. If you do leave a comment, we go back and leave a response comment to almost all of them, so be sure to check back if you asked a question or something like that. Also, for those that may not have figured it out, there are three options for leaving a comment: as a registered Blogger user, as "Other", or anonymously. If you select "Other", it will allow you to optionally fill in your name so that it's easier for us to figure out who you are. (Pictured, an echidna at Featherdale, one of John's favorite Aussie creatures...like the platypus, this unusual mammal lays eggs and suckles its young. The echidna and platypus are the only members of a primitive group of mammals known as monotremes.)

13 comments:

bballrick said...

You guys are getting too educated. I vote for the kaola. This guy looks like a bush I hit my golf ball into. All is well here as we prepare for Christmas. Love, Tank

audgepodge said...

Just curious - Am I the only commenter not related to you guys? :) (I do know there are other non-relatives reading...)

Keep the fun posts and pics coming!

- Audrey

Unknown said...

I just went to the San Diego zoo this weekend and saw this guy's brother. So funny looking!

Shannon

P.S. I am not related.

Anonymous said...

No, you keep the posts coming! My life is comparitively boring, so I have nothing to add -- though I am not related to John nor Carrie, so take heart audge. Don't worry, am still reading and mostly my mind is suitably blown by the exploits. (You've now done at least 3 activities I wouldn't be caught dead doing.)

Though mostly I'm just devistated you've thus far neglected to visit the fantastically named suburb of Forster, Australia. You are so close!

Forster.

John said...

The top posters are definitely our families (parents and oompa loompa/great pumpkin). But we do get some other comments too (as noted here in this post).

John said...

Sorry we didn't get to Forster, Australia. We didn't rent a car, and none of our tours went by it. Sydney is very busy, think driving on the wrong side of the road in Manhattan. That's one deadly risk I wasn't comfortable taking!

Anonymous said...

So there are different types of deadly risk? Me, I'd rather drive on the wrong side of the road to a generic suburb than [mob accent] go swimming with the sharks, [/mob accent] if ya get my drift. :)

Oompa Loompa said...

Well, time for another match-up? Which one is cuter the echidna or or the sloth?
http://www.ebaymatchups.com/matchup/view/echidna-vs-sloth_62429

Oompa Loompa said...

I myself had a great time today, much more fun than touring Australia! I had my usual large coffee(s), sent a throng of emails to my co-workers, did some dandy Excel spreadsheets and even got to attend a few meetings where people bantered on about nothing in particular! I bet that makes both of your miss Silicon Valley, eh? ENJOY THE TIME AWAY!!!!

John said...

Make sure you put covers on your TPS reports. And to Forster, I'd say that crazy drivers downtown during rush hour are FAR more dangerous than sharks...

chang bang said...

oompa loompa is funny!! =)

I'm finally done with finals so I can read about your adventures once again. I've noticed you've been talking less about food- have you guys sampled all Australia has to offer already?

Keep posting pictures of animals that are cuter than you [John] and you and Carrie diving with weird undersea creatures!

-Bianca

John said...

Well, when we were on Waiheke Island, the food was a special highlight of the B&B. Now we're not so surprised by eating kangaroo, and the activities are more exciting to talk about.

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I thought!

Contributors